File Formats and Names in Bug Reports

Could we please have some standardization of file formats and file names
used in translation bug reports?  I'm getting text files, gzipped files,
bzip2 files, even links to Web pages.  The file names sometimes fail to
include the two-letter language code, requiring me to look it up.  This
makes the process of adding new translations even more tedious and
error-prone than it already is (I'm dealing with twenty-odd languages).
I'd like to script the process, but I can't now.

I do not subscribe to this list.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@debian.org