Re: yes_key/no_key in aptitude.pot

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 07:28:12AM +0200, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> was heard to say:
> I have seen the appearance of "yes_key" and "no_key" in the
> aptitude.pot file. I guessed this is for us translators to put the
> appropriate key for Y/N choices.
>
> Putting some warning to translators in the POT file explaining they're
> supposed to put the usual keys for "Yes" and "No" in their language
> could be useful here.
>
> We also need to explain if this has to be a capital letter or not.
>
> However, I don't know how one can have comments inserted by gettext in
> POT file with C++ code.
>
> Maybe someone on -i18n will also be able to suggest some more elegant
> way to do this. Don't we have some Yes/No things in locales, by the way ?

  There are Yes/No translations, and I originally just used those;
however, I then realized that this wasn't appropriate for some languages
(for instance, Chinese).  Having a separate translation for the key was
the simplest way I could see to work around this problem.

  I also have no idea how to insert comments into the POT.

  Daniel

|            "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot             |
|             stamping on a human face -- forever." -- 1984                   |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/