Re: Start Punjabi

Hello,

warm (even if late) welcome to the translation of Debian. There is nothing
specific to do to begin a new team.

It depends on what you prefer to translate first.

If it's the programs, go to
  http://people.debian.org/~barbier/intl/l10n/po/_
grab the pot files of your targets (I advice dpkg, apt, debconf and such),
rename them to pa.po. translate them, submit them to the maintainers through
the Bug Tracking System.

If it's the web pages, go to
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating#completenew and follow the
advices.

If it's the debconf material (questions asked to the users on package
install), go to http://people.debian.org/~barbier/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pot
grab the templates.pot, rename them to pa.po, translate them, and submit
them to the maintainers through the Bug Tracking System (specifying that the
file should be placed under debian/po)

If it's something else, please specify your question.

Good luck, Mt.

--
Les chats, c'est vraiment des branleurs. Alain Chabat