Re: proposal how to improve current Debian l10n framework

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:18:29PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:

> There is one problem you have to address: you have no control on what is
> packaged, so you cannot be sure that the translated file comes from your
> central repository.  For instance the maintainer might decide to

One word: debhelper :) If I'm not completely mistaken, debhelper is
supposed to automatize some packager's tasks. One of them could be become
to update the translations. If the central repository is held up-to-date
and is always available in a sane form, it should be no problem to
implement.

Maybe this system should resemble BTS somehow - for example, if someone
has just found some spelling errors and this participation in the
translation process is really low, he could submit it via something like
reportbug for translations. The corrected version would then be posted to
a list/website for everyone deeply involved to review and get submitted.
The time lag would be then very small, in many cases just a matter of a
coulpe of hours.

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org