Re: adding locale for esperanto (eo_XX)

Quoting Nikolai Prokoschenko (nikolai@prokoschenko.de):
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:45:58AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > (of course, this will lead us again in special cases if eo_XX is
> > chosen as valid locale)
>
> Hmm... Which country will you select as the default one for
> Esperanto? ;) BTW, I guess this shows the shortcomings of the current
> locale situation, it should indeed be like someone already suggested,
> language_COUNTRY, i.e. for me ru_DE and so on.

Well, in the current d-i, you can perfectly choose russian language,
then Germany as country. You will end up with ru_RU as local however,
as ru_DE is not in SUPPORTED.

The LANGUAGE variable will, however, list ru_DE:ru_RU:en_GB:en

For esperanto, I think we will put "eo" as language code, NO country,
eo_XX as locale and eo_XX:en_GB:en as language list

Thus, after choosing esperanto, users will be thrown into
countrychooser and have to choose a country.....but this won't modify
the locale which will remain eo_XX