Re: Problems with locales and Norwegian

Tobias Toedter wrote:

> I don't know any Norwegian at all, so just out of
> curiosity: what is the difference between the two
> languages?  Why should the locale be set to Bokmål instead
> of Nynorsk?

Nynorsk (New Norwegian) is somewhat similar to the ancient
Nordic language and to Icelandic and Faroese.

Bokmål (Book Language) is on the other hand quite similar to
Danish, but with a much more sensible spelling.

Jacob (who doesn't speak either, but reads both)
--
»Jeg hader at forvirre læserne med kendsgerninger«