How to repair inconsistent translations?

The finnish language has all strings translated in debian-installer
but the concatenated fi.po file shows that some msgid's are (alleged
to be) translated differently in the applications.

For some I can see the inconsistensy, but some of them seem identical
to me. For example

  msgid ""
  "Debian comes in several flavors. Stable is well-tested and rarely changes. "

shows three versions of the translation and after several readings I
can not see how they differ. This one I noticed when translating and
wrote it the same way in all files.

Anyway, how do I repair the "inconsistent" translations? I'm now using
kbabel and it seems to find the already translated msgid only some of
the time. When I started I used gtranslator, where automatic
translation seemed to work (but gtranslator was otherwise too buggy to
use).

Does it work if I remove the other translations leaving only one, and
then the next day after the system has copied them with fuzzy to the
others, just remove the fuzzy? Is there a better way or a more
recommended procedure?

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI