Re: EMACS (sid) and UTF-8/ISO-8859-1

Friday 24 January 2003, alle 07:33, Pierre Machard:
: Hi,
:
: on thu 23 jan 2003 at 15:42 -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
: [...]
: > Is there simple EMACS setting to force saved file to be ISO-8859-1.
:
: I don't know. But the more simple is to use emacs20. Because emacs20 try
: not to guess the encoding.
:
:
: Anyway, you can force emacs to save in iso-8859-1 in making :
:
: C-x RET c
:
: iso-8859-1
:
: and then C-x C-s
:
: Cheers,

I am using xemacs21 to translate into Italian and find out that is I
start with the gnome-mule I can use UTF-8 the other way xemacs is
started with iso-8859-1 encoding.

Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa e-mail: sc@linux.it
To follow the path: look at the master, follow the master, walk with the