Re: lists.debian.org de-localization

Hi,

From: Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr>
Subject: Re: lists.debian.org de-localization
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:07:49 +0100

> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 11:42:44PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> > Thank you for commiting the modification of debian.rc .  Does the change
> > affect future archives only?  Or all past and future archives?
>
> Future only. Is there a pressing need to regenerate the old mails?
> I would rather avoid it...

I also think it is not a good idea to regenerate all pages now.
A part of the reason is that it is too heavy, but another part of
the reason is that the solution is not very good yet.  In future,
when MHonArc can handle all popular encodings and convert them
into UTF-8, and when it can handle raw 8bit headers by some intelligent
way, we may think about regenerate all pages by a very low priority
background task.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/