Re: How to set locale from an user account.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 02:31:31PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2003-09-19 00:51:51, schrieb Osamu Aoki:
> >I am wondering how to set locale fron user account (or more exactly
> >under fakeroot).
         ^^^^^^^^   This is how we build package.

> >$ localedef -v -c -i en_GB -f UTF-8 ./en_GB.UTF-8
> >
> >This creates locale definition file but how can I access it?

Yes.  I need to enable access as non-root.  Fakeroot !!!

> ??? - Wired !!!

Yes I am weired. This is for debian packaging :-)

> As 'root' install the Package 'locales' and ignore debconf because
> it has a bug. If installed call 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and
> select your desired locales.

I do not know the bug with debconf but this is just for normal user
situation.  I am focust at package building withiout root access.

FYI:
If you are interested on the normal user situation, my updated "Debian
Reference" contains fair amount of HOWTO for standard locale
configuration.  Please give me your thought on the followings:

 http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-l10n (new)
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-l10n  (old)

Osamu