Re: Nice changes to po-debconf translation status pages

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 05:10:13PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:29:48 +0200,
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > For instance, check brazilian portuguese translation for po-debconf templates~:
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pt_BR
> >
> > (BTW, Andre's work is impressive)
>
> Oh, that's excellent!
> I added this page into my bookmark. :-)
>
> By the way my hang-up about translating debconf messages is mainly
> from not-yet-getttextized (they can simply convert by
> debconf-gettextize though), old-debconf-style (they have templates.*)
> or multi-languages-into-one-file (like console-common, pcmcia-cs, ...)
> package. Sigh.

Most of those errors are detected by the scripts generating those pages.
Great work, Denis. They are all listed on
http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/errors-by-pkg

I have a patch underway to make this information more visible from the
language pages (like http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/de). But I
wait for review from Denis and others to make sure that this time I'll
manage to change those pages without inducing an incredible mess for
translators and webmasters such as the one I'm sadly getting used to.

In the meanwhile, you should consider translating the packages using
po-debconf, since such issues are avoided by the better i18n schema designed
by Denis...

Have a look at
  http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/ja
Japaneese is only 17% translated in that area. 664 strings are translated
(from 3820). This page also repports that you personnaly translated 4
templates which are now not up to date anymore (alsa-driver, apt-build,
base-config and debconf)...

Thanks, Mt.

--
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
          -- Albert Einstein