Re: Conference at debconf on i18n/l10n: ideas? suggestions?

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 09:54:51PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
>  > You may also say a word about l10n-check, a script developped in intern to
> > > catch to most common errors in the common format. po4a is also worst
> > > mentionning I guess (quite logical, that's my baby :). Its meant to ease the
> > > maintainance of documentation translation by using po files as main
> > > translation container. That way, when the original gets modified, the update
> > > is veeeery eased. And getting stats about translations is also a new feature.
> > > This project may not be mature enough for a wide use, but is definitivly
> > > promising in my mind.
> >

> > Where are those tools? I don't see them in
> > http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/french/international/french/?cvsroot=webwml or
> > in the DDP CVS...
>
> deb http://nico.bertol.free.fr/debian bertol/fr/

This package just enters Debian and has been renamed into acheck.
Its companion acheck-rules-fr is widely used by French translators
on our l10n ML; this way translators can process a first pass to
remove common mistakes, and proofreaders can focus on style.
I strongly invite language teams to look at this package and talk
to Nicolas Bertolissio to have their language supported, it is
really very helpful.

Denis