Re: test of debconf po files and some questions...

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:19:52PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Michael Bramer wrote:
> > I make the first files from the ddtp db.
> >
> > Please look at http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/maintainer and you will
> > see a list of all package maintainers with debconf templates. On the
> > pages you will find a list of debconf po file links.
>
> I have written the attached program to aid in downloading from those
> pages. When run in a package's directory, it downloads the page[1], parses
> it, and tries to figure out what templates files to download. Current

Thanks for your work...

> modes of operation are:
>
> - The default mode of operation: Download all tranlsations that are
>   marked as complete, and also download incomplete translations if the
>   translation does not exist at all locally. In theory this mode will
>   lose no local data and will get as many translations as it can.
> - Only download translations that are marked as new on the page. This is
>   of limited value, since I'm not sure over what time period something
>   is considered "new" -- if it is just new today then this is useless
>   unless you run the script every day, etc.

The meaning of new:
  new translation in ddtp comparing the last binary package from sid.

Only after a new upload of a new binary package, the 'new' tag will
removed (if the new binary will include the translations).

> - Download everything, even incomplete translations, overwriting
>   existing files that may heve more translations in them from non-DDTP
>   sources. Mostly useful so far if you are just starting out on
>   collecting translations for a package, or want to switch over entirely
>   to DDTP translations for your package.
> - Download better translations -- ones which the DDTP has more strings
>   traslated than does the package in unstable.
>
> It can also skip any translations that are not marked as updated.
>
> None of these modes are perfect, but they seem to be the best I can do
> with the available data. Some example runs:

if you need/like more data, ask. If I can, I will provide it.

> [1] It would be marginally easier for automation if similar pages were
>     available per source package.

I will add this pages too.

see http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/source/<package>

Thanks

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"You don't say what kind of CD drive or hard disks you have, but since it is