Re: No EuroSign input in X

Andre Charbonneau wrote:

> Somtimes its mostly a font issue.  For example, I have to switch to a
> iso-8859-15 encoded font to be able to see the Euro symbol that I input.
>   The question mark that you see often means that the font does not
> contain the Euro glyph.
>
> Cheers,
> Andre.

No, in this case, it can't be a font problem since Tim can read a file
with a euro sign inside it.

I'd rather think about a locale problem. What does the "locale" command
give ?
Make sure that LANG and the others are set to a 8859-15 locale. Make
sure that the locale are generated (dpkg-reconfigure locales).

Nico.
--
Nicolas SABOURET
LIMSI-CNRS, BP133, 91403 Orsay, France