Re: BiDi and RTL

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 22:59, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Arash Zeini <kde@linuxiran.org> wrote:
> > Your point is understandable, but I think abondening other languages or
> > not advancing the technology due to size limitations of a floppy is not
> > really worth it.
>
> So we should have easily buildable install media for different sizes.
> Well, that's pretty much what we try to do in d-i currently.

What does this mean in some more detail? If you could explain.

> > Not exactly related to this topic but somehow related is the acceptance
> > of UTF-8 for the translation of the Debian pages.
>
> You should bring that up with the webmaster team.

I will. As soon as I have some more time to concentrate on this again. We had
a short discussion at that time.

> > UTF-8 for Farsi. Unicode, Bidi and RTL are unavoidable.
> > It would be great having Debian support this.
>
> Of course. The only question is what is the best way to go about this.

So I assume there is a discussion already. But I understand that there are no
decisions made yet. So there will be no timeframe and roadmap for this.
Am I right that the installer is based on slang?

Behdad, do you think doing some research here would be something for you?

Arash