Re: No EuroSign input in X

Andreas Sliwka wrote:

Hi,
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 13:17, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

But if I try to input the symbol on the command line of konsole or any other app, I get
	$ ?
(that's a question mark....)

try the following
	$ cat >/dev/null
if you can now type (and see :-) the Euro and Cent sign, than your
shell (bash? csh?) might not be 8bit aware, the manual might help
then. If you cant type those both characters, something inside the
xterm might be broken, try switching to another one (xterm,rxvt etc.)

good look,

mfg

Can't see the euro (but the cent I can) this way. This is the same for various apps. So changing my console (Konsole) won't do the job.

Tim