Re: base-config localisation

#include <hallo.h>
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote on Tue Feb 05, 2002 um 07:40:35PM:

> > setup_ and be fine with it.
>
> 	IMHO it's better for boot-floppies to just dump the language to a
> file. Locales could use this information  on post-installation (if
> available) and convert it to the appropiate xx_XX format.

Hey, what did I propose? boot-floppie do allready dump the language to
a file. The first step of base-config should be to create a inital
locale and reconfigure locales and debconf later.

> 	It's much better this way since then boot-floppies does not have
> to know about locales.... and 'locales' can have a 1:N mapping. It can

Allready the case.

> say, via debconf: You have the following language, which corresponds to
> these locales... which one is yours? (and give information on how  es_ES
> and es_AR differ for example)

Just reconfigure the locales package and you get the interaction. The
only thing which I don't like is that this first debconf screen is
in English.

> > reasonable way. You can talk about i18n for system services when Woody
> > have been released.
> >
> 	Ok. But please do it in a way that can be useful later on. I still

I won't. If someone wants to do, go ahead.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
This is Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.