Re: base-config localisation

#include <hallo.h>
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote on Mon Feb 04, 2002 um 12:52:20PM:

> a) there is not a generic mapping from languages to locales since a single
> language might have more than one locale. sample: Spanish= es_AR
> es_ES@euro...

I know, that is why I called it PROBLEM. OTOH we could just take the
language which is used on boot-floppies, choose a _XX part which is
similar to BFs config and would satisfy most people _for the initial
setup_ and be fine with it.

> b) A system-wide config file can be used by other programs to setup
> information that might be localised upon installation. Sample: Apache's

That was not my point. Feel free do discuss this in another thread. I
would like to see helpers for the base-config i18n implementation RIGHT
NOW. We have the components, we should just take them together in a
reasonable way. You can talk about i18n for system services when Woody
have been released.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Sie haben soeben ihren Mauszeiger erfolgreich bewegt.
Sie müssen Windows neu starten damit die Änderungen wirksam werden.