Re: Questions about the description translation guide/system

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 03:48:20PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> To change a broken translation I should fill a bug report? to who?
> wich package?

no.

(maybe we need a own virtual BTS Package?)

fix it and make a new 'Upload'.

(write a mail to grisu-td@auric.debian.org with the orig english
description and the (fixed) translated one)

> and...
>
>  spelling notes:
>   - please use <insert charset, like latin1>
                 ^^^^
		 all tanslation are in one Package file and so all
		 translation must be use the same charset.
		 for german we use latin1
		 maybe other language use others...

>   - <other notes>
                 other special notes.
		 examples:
		 - in german you can address the reader with 'du'
		   (more privat) or 'Sie' (more formal, polite), I add
		   a note to use 'Sie'
		 - don't translate the table of contens of the linux
		   gazette packages
		 - don't translate words like mounting, library, etc.
		   (Fachwörter)
		 - etc.

> I don't quite understand this...

now?

Gruss
Grisu
Make a software that is foolproof, and only fools will want to use it.