Re: Problem with iso8859 on xterm

At Fri, 11 May 2001 16:16:21 +0200,
Cyrille Artho wrote:
> On Debian 2.2r3 (installed from scratch, up-to-date), I cannot see any
> iso_8859_1 characters on my xterm. All the other characters (ASCII set)
> appear fine, but the man iso_8859_1 page shows nothing.
> I already installed various packages which should solve this, such as
> xfonts-intl-european or fonty. However, while Netscape or XEmacs
> (running in its own window) show the characters fine, xterm and also the
> text console ignore them.
> How do I fix this?

check your /etc/locale.gen . If you did not run locale-gen,
iso8859-1 does not appear on your terminal.

BTW, why do we have to edit our locale.gen ...
It seems that many users must edit for their environment.
To prepare 2 locale package, one is same as current locale
package, the other includes all locale data, is worth doing?

Regards,
-- GOTO Masanori