Re: Debian italian translation effort.

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:11:36PM +0200, Andrea Glorioso wrote:

>     j> Hi Andrea, On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:50:10AM +0200, Andrea
>     j> Glorioso wrote:
>     >> My name is Andrea Glorioso, and I've launched, together with
>     >> some fellows, a project aimed at coordinating and easening
>     >> italian translations of Debian.
>
>     j> Would this project neceserally be Debian oriented?
<snip>

> There are    already  projects    for general     linux  documentation
> translations       (the    Italian   Linux    Documentation   Project,
> www.pluto.linux.it/ildp, is maybe the best example).
>
> Our effort is quite debian-specific,  and is aimed both at integrating
> translations coming from other sources into debian, either via mailing
> the maintainer or  notifying upstream, and  working on debian-specific
> parts of   translations  (like debconf  templates,  boot floppies, web
> pages, and so on).
<snip>

A, ok, I understand.  Well, ianal, but I don't think there would be
any legal quirks when getting the project hosted on Sourceforge.
About the moral side: Sourceforge is hosted by VA Linux; I don't have
the impression VA is Debian's enemy.

I am not aware of any task assignment infrastructure in debian, and
I don't think one could abuse debbugs to deliver this.  I think
sourceforge indeed could give you what you need, without any effort
from your side.

Bye,

--
Joost