Re: [FIXED] French, German, and Spanish translations wanted for XFree86 debconf templates

Hi,

>> To make XFree86 configuration more accessible and friendly to Debian users,
>> I'd like to solicit translations for its debconf templates.  This procedure
>> has been begun, but is not yet complete.
>>
>> I am writing to request volunteers to participate in this effort, as I am
>> not fluent in any languages other than English.

 I and Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org> have done to transtale into
Japanese. They are curently checking by other people, please wait a
few days.

>> Please file your translations as normal severity bugs with the Debian BTS
>> against the corresponding package.  Please MIME-attach the translation as
>> unified diff.  MIME-attaching is important so that stupid mailers (or the
>> BTS itself) don't mangle all the high-bit characters.

 I wish you to manage templates as separate files, like this:

 xserver-common.templates  (... original one)
 xserver-common.templates.fr (... France translation)
 xserver-common.templates.ja (... Japanese translation)

 Each files contains original entry and translated descriptions like
this:

Template: xserver-common/aware_xwrapper
Type: note
 The presence of the old Debian X server wrapper configuration file,
 /etc/X11/Xserver, has been detected on your system.  This file is no
 longer used, and is completely ignored by the new X server wrapper.
 .
 /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config is the new X server wrapper configuration file;
 it is configured via the debconf interface, as is the selection of the
 default X server, which is no longer stored in the X server wrapper
 configuration file at all.
Description-ja: foo
 bar hugahoge. (in Japanese)

 These are merged into single templaes automatically using with
dh_installdebconf in debian/rules (and of cause it is already used in
xfree86 packages's debian/rules ;-)

 And if templaes merged into one file manually. debconf-mergetemplate
is useful.

 These translation templates can easy to generate used by
debconf-getlang:

 debconf-getlang ja xserver-common.templaes >  xserver-common.templaes.ja

 If all of translations into single file, hard to manupulate it.
Many internatinalized editor (such as Emacs) have automatic code
conversioning, but these scheme can not manage the file contains
many various character codes into signle file. For example,
If I changed Japanese translation, other translations may be broken.

Thanks,
--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@redhat.com>