Re: problems with the translated description...

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 05:16:02PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 01:52:04PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > All translators do not run unstable.
> >
> > This is all not the problem.
> >
> > 1.) with the new apt, you can run testing and get description with
> >     apt-cache from sid
> > 2.) I can edit the server and make a new command like 'get de
> >     $PACKAGENAME'
> > 3.) The package descriptions are a moving target, but the description
> >     is not moving all days. If you translate a potato description,
> >     othen this is ok, and if not, the server save all parts and othen
> >     only one part is changes.
> > 4.) You can download the description by hand from every debian mirror.
> >
> > I think you are seraching problmes sometimes and you don't like
> > translated description or my service...
>
> We receive mails from people without technical skills running potato
> who ask how to help with Debian translation.  So in my mind everything
> should be done to ease their work.  Asking them to install a newer apt
> then retrieving descriptions is not satisfactory, even if it is quite
> trivial.

Ok, Now I add a little hack to the ddts.

Now you can send a mail with a subject like
	REQUEST zope fr
and you get the description from the package 'zope' with this nice
template and translated parts etc.

only for your information:
  Now I have also transfers the part and ppart database to DBM.  I use
  still the old files, but make updates to the DBM files and serach
  parallel in this files (and make debug output). If this is working
  (and now it is working two days), I will transform this db's.

  Now I schedule the transfer of the desc database too.

Other problems/wishes?

Gruss
Grisu
"Verletzungen der Kausalität ermöglichen Voodoo und Windows."
                                         -- Lutz  Donnerhacke in dasr