Re: woody bf-utf8 (Re: slang, boot-floppies, and wide character support)

Taketoshi Sano <sano@pika.standalone.local.net> writes:

> Now, when we'll get those utf8-enabled slang1 and newt packages,
> we might also need bogl-bterm to show utf8 messages. And it requires
> libutf8 (and the root priviledge) to work well even on the current
> unstable (i.e. with our libc6_2.2.2-4 package).
>
> So we should provide libutf8 package, or make bogl-bterm statically
> linked to libutf8 library.

Bruno Haible's page states that libutf8 is needed only libc versions
below 2.2. So, 2.2.2-4 should work fine.

--
Peter Novodvorsky     http://www.altlinux.ru/    AltLinux Team, Russia
Debian.Org                                       http://debian.org/~nidd