The output of ctime() and asctime()

Hi,

[Apologies if I picked the wrong list...]

Today I spent a wasted hour looking through the glibc source code,
to find out why the two functions ctime(3) and asctime(3) do not use
the locale as specified by the environment variable LANG or the explicit
function call setlocale(3). strftime(3) seems to work fine.

Is this a bug? Then why is such an obvious bug still there...
Or is there a good reason for this? Then please share it...

Thanks,

	Erwin