Re: Debian and Li18nux ?

Anthony Wong <ypwong@debian.org> writes:

[snipped Li18nux intro]

> |I felt that the Initiative was too closed and bureaucratic.  I don't
> |know much about what the Initiative want to do, but I'm sure their
> |membership application form will operate as a barrier to new comers.
> |
> |--
> |Changwoo Ryu
>
> After reading www.li18nux.org I think they are not as buearucratic as
> you think. The application form may just be used for providing more
> info for them to know more about the parties who are willing to join,
> as I can see that there are lots of organizations that have already
> been accepted. As they say in their homepage they are open to anyone,
> I think this is true.

Yes.  The problem is, I am not an organization.  :)

As an amateur (like many Debian developers), I couldn't fill the form.
I felt that joining to them could gave me too much burden.  Well, this
may not be true.  But I couldn't find any details about what/how they
are really doing, so I couldn't have ideas about what I could do in
the initiative.

> I _really_ hope that someone from Debian JP or Debian KR (or any other
> who are knowledgeable about i18n matters) can come out and be the
> representative of Debian and join Li18nux, because Debian is a major
> player in the GNU/Linux scene and we definitely should have a voice
> in it. Anyone wants to take the job?

Japanese man would be better, so that the representative participate
their activities more easily, because of the language and the
distance..

--
Changwoo Ryu