Re: Translation of Debian packages

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

> I have just put in place all of the necessary machinery for localising
> my devscripts package.  All I need now is some translations ;)
>
> My question: is there some mechanism for announcing such work?  Is
> there a Debian page or team or something?  At the moment, my source
> package has a .pot file, but as it is a Debian local package, I can't
> see one of the GNU language teams getting in on the act.

Maybe we can just use the mechanism of the translation teams, as long
as the program is free.  Contact the Free Translation Project
coordinator, Fran,Ag(Bois Pinard <pinard@progiciels-bpi.ca>.  (The project
was renamed from `GNU NLS project', so the project covers all free
softwares.)

But you might be unhappy with the procedure of the Free Translation
Project...  But then some Debian guy could steal the scripts from its
FTP, ftp.iro.umontreal.ca.

In any cases, it would be good to contact the existing translation
teams.  Who knows if there are Debianized translators (like I) ?

--
Changwoo Ryu