Re: Q about translations

On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 05:25:53PM +0100, David Frey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I (finally) managed to internationalize one of my packages (rpncalc)
> (just to see how it works); I have now a German translation of the
> English original.  Since German is my mother tongue, this was easy
> (ok, it's probably not perfect...), but the question is: how is
> this done for the other languages: I could be able to manage a
> poor French translation but for Spanisch, Brazil etc. I wouldn't
> have any chance.
> Is there a translation team around, or should I wait for the
> translations to pour in?

There's sort of a "Debian spanish translation team". We use the list
debian-l10n-spanish@lists.debian.org for discussion/coordination.

Just post here an URL where can we fetch the source from, and we'll send
you the translation.

Time for a more formal Debian Translation Project "a la" FSF's?

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es