Re: Translating boot-floppies i18n to Hebrew.

> > 1) I am new in this list.
> > 2) Can you tell me what this translation of the boot-floppies is all about ?
> > 3) Are there more specific instructions / guidnece for the people who do the
> > translation ? Is there a package that creates the boot-floppies or does one
> > have to assemble the floppies from a more fundamental building blocks ? Does
> > this task requires creating a new set of boot-floppies or is it only requires
> > putting some new files instead of existing ones ? Is it for Slink ? Hamm ?
> > something else ?
> > 4) I am thinking about Hebrew. Does somebody doing it ? Is it possible ?
> > Are there any specific instructions / guidnece for translating to Hebrew ?
> There is a posible font problem. Other than that, it's a matter of translating
> one file.

1) One file ? Then you are not refering to the various *.txt files I have on
my rescue disk. Which file you are refering to ?
2) About the possible font problem: It might not be such a problem for the
average Israeli PC owner, since I believe most of the PC's sold in Israel have
an Hebrew chracters in their display ROM. Or am I confusing between different
things ? How does the font problem getting solved for a Greek, or a Russian or
a Spanish PC owner ? How, and if, can I see those fonts ?
3) Do you think it is a good idea to translate this file into Hebrew ?

BTW: There used to be a link to an introductory page of debian-i18n on Debian
home page. Where is it ?