Re: boot-floppies i18n

1) I am new in this list.
2) Can you tell me what this translation of the boot-floppies is all about ?
3) Are there more specific instructions / guidnece for the people who do the
translation ? Is there a package that creates the boot-floppies or does one
have to assemble the floppies from a more fundamental building blocks ? Does
this task requires creating a new set of boot-floppies or is it only requires
putting some new files instead of existing ones ? Is it for Slink ? Hamm ?
something else ?
4) I am thinking about Hebrew. Does somebody doing it ? Is it possible ?
Are there any specific instructions / guidnece for translating to Hebrew ?

Please note that I am only checking my ability to do such a thing.

BTW: Where is i18n (the i18n in debian-i18n) coming from ?