Re: Fonts...

Michael Sobolev writes:
 > > I think that the standard way to change the console font is by modifying
 > > the file /etc/kbd/config.  For example, the line
 > >
 > > CONSOLE_FONT=iso01.f16
 > >
 > > would load the font iso01.f16 from directory
 > > /usr/share/consolefonts/.
 >
 > This is exactly what I meant.  kbd sets the font when /etc/rc.boot/kbd is run.
 > I would like to see the font loaded when the kernel is loaded (or starts) or,
 > at least, just earlier than /etc/rc.boot/kbd is executed.

Why do you need so ?  If there *is* a general need for this, this
should be handled by kbd directly, but I (as kbd maintainer) need to
know exactly what you'd like to see.

PS: Please send such request as a bug-report against the relevant
package next time.  Had I not been subscribed to this list, I would
never have read about it :(

--
Yann Dirson                         | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
               <ydirson@mygale.org> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: