Re: How to write in Japanese under GTK ?

On Thu, Nov 12, 1998 at 08:22:30PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Ionutz Borcoman wrote:
> > Can someone please give me some hints (in English) on how to code some
> > labels under X Windows in order to obtain some hiragana ? I change the
> > font and I display different things in Japanese, but I have no control
> > on what I display. How do I control what I display ?
>
> I guess you'll receive more answers if you would write to a japanese
> list.  I don't know if they exist but I'm sure.  There is debian.org.jp
> and since not all japanese developers are speaking english there must
> be such a list.

It's www.debian.or.jp (take notes that they're no g in or).  Look also for
the linux-nohongo document somewhere on the site of the Tokyo LUG site IIRC.
I remember to see a --gnome-xim option that I think it's related too.

> Please contact maehara@debian.org for further information about the
> lists.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Joey
>
> --
> Linux - the choice of a GNU generation

Good luck!

Fabien Ninoles                                             GULUS founder
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                      http://www.callisto.si.usherb.ca/~94246757
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70