Re: sudo: use systemd.pc to place systemd unit mask

Hi Martin-Éric,

On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 08:32:55AM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> This patch includes a Build-Depends on systemd. Without [linux-any],
> it will prevent building on non-Linux ports.

You raise an important matter. Basically, the only remaining non-linux
port is hurd at this time, so I'm adding them to the loop.

While the general question is non-trivial to resolve, I think this
instance has a relatively straight forward answer. What we need here is
not systemd, but systemd-dev and that latter one is an Arch:all package
that doesn't have any dependencies, so systemd-dev actually should be
installable on hurd and is the right thing to depend on anyway. Doing so
will still cause systemd units to be installed on hurd. I'm not sure
whether this is a good thing or not. At this time, I believe that
.service files is the preferred way to describe system services so in
principle, I think hurd should be supporting a subset of their syntax
before too long and therefore installing them on hurd should be the
right thing to do.

I note that systemd-dev is not part of bookworm, but part of
bookworm-backports, so backports requiring it cannot be built in plain
bookworm. I think this is ok-ish.

I hope this all makes sense. Please disagree with me now. :)

Helmut