Re: Is Broadcom BCM4401-B0 supported?

João Pedro Malhado, le dim. 08 août 2021 23:41:52 +0200, a ecrit:
> I cannot find a list of cards supported by the b44 driver, or which version
> supports which card, but looking through the code in kernel version 2.6.32.65,
> guessing from line 107, I would say that this card would be supported.
> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v2.6.32.65/source/drivers/net/b44.c

You mean line 108?

#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_BCM4401B0		0x4402
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_BCM4401B1		0x170c

his lspci was showing

lspci -n
02:0e.0 0200: 14e4:170c (rev 02)

So yes possibly it's actually supported in that b44.

However it seems that b44.c is in the blacklist, because it doesn't
build.

> You mentioned the move to Rump drivers on a different message. This is
> interesting. I could only find some old documentation about this:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas/driver_glue_code.html
> Is there more recent information or a roadmap?

Not that I'm aware of. The current focus for rump is for disk support,
to be able to drop disk drivers, and the linux glue from the mach
kernel.

Samuel