Re: Is Broadcom BCM4401-B0 supported?

Hello Samuel,

On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 12:24:48AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> João Pedro Malhado, le jeu. 29 juil. 2021 11:15:09 +0200, a ecrit:
> > On linux it works with the b44 driver, but I don't know if that is
> > included in netdde.
>
> netdde has that driver, but it doesn't seem to be recent enough for that
> card.

I'm sorry to come back to this.
I cannot find a list of cards supported by the b44 driver, or which version
supports which card, but looking through the code in kernel version 2.6.32.65,
guessing from line 107, I would say that this card would be supported.
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v2.6.32.65/source/drivers/net/b44.c

I don't know if netdde loops through the drivers in alphabetical order, but
looking at the output of
settrans -fga /dev/netdde /hurd/netdde
that would be my guess. And what I see is that after testing atheros drivers, the
e100 intel driver is tested next. Is the b44 driver being skipped?

You mentioned the move to Rump drivers on a different message. This is
interesting. I could only find some old documentation about this:
https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas/driver_glue_code.html
Is there more recent information or a roadmap?

Regards,
João