Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 12:00:28AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> The mini ISO is not really to be trusted, because it doesn't contain any
> .deb, so there is not guarantee that it will be installable since it
> completely depends on the state of the sid distribution.
But it also has fewer potential conflicts between packages; .

> "when you select sid", you mean to ran in expert mode? Perhaps there is
> a bug in that case yes, could you try without going in expert mode?
I had been running in expert, but it happens on default priority as well.

> That being said, as I mentioned, the packages should already be on the
> netinst iso, so it shouldn't need to get them from the network archive.
Installing from netinst in non-expert worked w/o suite-related
problems, after preseeding out vims, emacses, and gdb.
Installing from mini + injecting the two packages worked as well.

Looking at the debootstrap invocation in both mini and netinst, neither
includes the unreleased suite in the call, but netinst does pull in the
packages, presumably thanks to the file:///cdrom/ mirror arg
and some magic.

> This should already be automatic, see in apt-setup's generators/50mirror
/e/a/sources.list in the output system *does* start including unreleased
after second stage runs, but it doesn't fix systems from plain
debootstrap (and mini, but at least that breaks during the install,
which is preferable) being terminally broken by default.

наб