Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

Hi!

Sorry for the late follow-up, I'd just gotten around
to cross-referencing my README and looked at the archive.

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 11:26:44PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> That being said, the modified files are from Linux, with a mere GPL
> licence, so thinking about it an FSF assignment won't help here
> actually, so I just applied the patch, thanks!
Dope, glad it worked out; thanks, Samuel!

> I'm now uploading an updated gnumach package, the next step would be
> to enable GPT support in the Debian Installer.  All the bits should be
> there already, possibly it already works and just need to be enabled for
> the hurd port.
I repacked a netinst ISO from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/latest/hurd-i386/current/,
dated 2020-01-01 with a kernel from
https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/installer/cdimage/daily/,
dated 2020-06-10, since the ISOs from the latter directory didn't want
to boot for not finding a server, and it worked well in QEMU;
partman picked up existing GPT partitions,
and allowed creating a fresh GPT partlabel as well.

Installation proceeded until partway through some configuration step
due to some glibc versioning fiasco, but I'm assuming it's to do with
mixing packages from January with the today's archive.

So AFAICT, there's nothing to enable and it should Just Work™.

Best,
наб