Re: GPT partlabel support for Mach

Hi!

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 01:46:02AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> I have fixed the issue so the daily image
> should be working again, could you test it?
Yep, the new image works and gets to installing the base system,
which then fails with a mismatched version of vim-tiny vs vim-common
(because src:vim failed to build on the hurd buildds[1]),
and uninstallable rsyslog (because a recent enough src:librelp failed,
so so did src:rsyslog[2]). Not the end of the world on ports arches.

To work around this, I included the following preseed:
  d-i base-installer/excludes string rsyslog vim-common vim-tiny
which got me all the way to kernel selection, which promptly failed,
because:
apt       2.1.6    depends libgnutls30 >= 3.6.12,
libgnutls 3.6.12-2 depends libp11-kit0 >= 0.23.18.1,
and no libp11-kit0 exists for hurd, since, quoth the log[3]:
  common/unix-peer.c:133:2: error: #error "Unsupported UNIX variant"

This has the side-effect of apt update not working
(since /usr/lib/apt/methods/http dies during dynamic linking),
trying to delete itself on apt --fix-broken install,
and generally refusing to install any packages.

The latest src:p11-kit build I can see on the buildd website
that worked was 0.23.3-4 from 2017, but,
looking at the pool[4], it *does* have 0.23.18.1-2+hurd.2,
which would match the dep spec, but the Packages file does *not* mention
anything matching /p11-kit/ except for a few Depends: fields.
This feels like a problem with the archive?

After downloading the libp11-kit0 and libffi7 .debs and installin
them manually into the target system the installation proceeded
smoothly, and, after finishing,
the system came up into GRUB, then Hurd, without problems.

наб

[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=vim&arch=hurd-i386&ver=2%3A8.2.0716-3&stamp=1589376544&raw=0
[2]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=librelp&arch=hurd-i386&ver=1.6.0-1&stamp=1589298167&raw=0
[3]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=p11-kit&arch=hurd-i386&ver=0.23.20-1&stamp=1580458156&raw=0