How can I contribute ?

Hello , I am new to the GNU/Hurd kernel . I am looking for any way I can be of help to the development of this project .
My skill set is that I am very comfortable to the traditional Linux command line environment , I can build and work with custom kernels , and I know fairly a little bit of C .
I aim to further develop my skill set by working on this project .
If I lack any certain skill set before I can start contributing , please let me know .
Or if I should write or do any projects as a proof of my skill set , please let me know that too .