Re: Debian HURD is not booting after install in Virtual Box VM

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 10:24 PM Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 3/02/19 11:27 am, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >
> > Jeffrey Walton, le sam. 02 févr. 2019 14:19:24 -0500, a ecrit:
> >> I'm trying to install HURD into a Virtual Box VM on Windows.
> >
> > I don't think anybody tried that setup.
> >

> This was the setup I was working with some years ago. The same issue
> occured on first install of the Debian's (then) latest image download link.
>
> VirtualBox requires the VM to be 32-bit with the same extensions pack
> installed as if a standard Linux Debian VM was to be used. Without these
> a pile of confusing device issues occur.

Thanks.

I found I could work around it by inserting a CD if one was not
present (or ejecting one if present). I guess it has something to do
with udev being able to move the computer to a new state that allows
it to boot.

No logs to provide at the moment, though. There's no dmesg, and trying
to read /dev/klog crashes:

    $ dmesg
    -bash: dmesg: command not found
    $ cat /dev/klog
    cat: /dev/klog: Computer bought the farm

Does anyone know how to view system logs on this OS?

Jeff