GNU shepherd or OpenRC (Was: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support)

That’s interesting though - could we use GNU shepherd to:

a) support kFreeBSD?
b) automatically translate systemd units to sheep(?) (limited subset might work)

The other alternative is OpenRC - here’s the same question - could we have systemd units as authoritative definition and have OpenRC translate services, tmpfiles and perhaps even systemd users to its native format?

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>