Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support

KatolaZ writes ("Re: Debian Buster release to partially drop non-systemd support"):
> The problem that spurred this thread is that sysvinit needs a
> maintainer. That's why some of us are here: our intention is to help
> with maintaining sysvinit in Debian if possible, since we will keep
> maintaining it in Devuan nevertheless.

Thank you.  That would be awesome.

I am very sorry that Debian is a toxic environment for this kind of
work.  As someone who has a lot of investment in Debian I find it very
sad.

TBH I have been head-in-the-sand about much of this, because I find
these kind of discussions in Debian fora so unpleasant.  I think it's
only a minority who make personal attacks and generate negative
energy, but it's awful.

Please come to debian-init-diversity@chiark.greenend.org.uk.

> I am not interested in chit-chat or flames, because those don't get
> packages released. The only reason I am here is that sysvinit is
> effectively getting kicked off Debian, and I think I can help avoiding
> that.

Great.

I will sponsor your uploads to Debian.

Ian.