iso_not_recognised

Hello team

Over the last 2 years. 3 times I have tried to install Debian-Hurd and failed because I make an installation DVD and then my computer does not even see the DVD-1 in the DVD drive, although it sees all Linux bootable isos and the Haiku iso when a disk is put in the hard drive. So the Debian-Hurd DVD has been made to be non-bootable for reasons that I cannot even imagine: the installation disc is in fact a dead disc.

The problem that I experience will be very common (at least 50%, I guess) as I multi-boot using Grub and in 95% of cases find installing different operating systems easy enough but as you do not even mention this initial installation problem on your web site installation instruction, then I suppose the people who fail to install Debian-Hurd because the installation disc is not recognised just give up and install an alternative instead, and do not submit bug-reports, as such a submission is very complicated and often too baffling to actually do.

Have you any idea on what the iso recognition problem is and how to overcome it?

I would love to give a non-systemd Debian system a try, as over the years, Debian has been until recently my favourite Linux operating system.

Yours sincerely

Graham Cunnington