Re: open-isns porting question: sudden SIGLOST

On 07/27/2016 12:21 PM, Svante Signell wrote:
> This is what I get when running isnsadm with gdb:
> socket disconnect, retrying in 10 sec
> socket disconnect, killing socket
> Warning: Timed out while waiting for reply
> Warning: GetNext call failed: Internal error

This seems to indicate that the isns server is not
running. Did you install open-isns-server? And is

service isnsd status

running?

The error you have I'd also get on a Linux system
if the server is not online, and while the error
message is obscue (blame upstream), it's not Hurd
specific.

If I run the server and try that command, I get
SIGLOST on Hurd, while on Linux I get the warning
about initiatorname.iscsi (ignore that), plus no
further output (default configuration is empty),
but a 0 exit code for success. (And strace tells
me that communication happens on Linux.)

> Any ideas where to set breakpoints in gdb?

isns_net_stream_xmit
isns_net_recvmsg

(stream_xmit for sending, recvmsg for receiving.)

Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,
Christian