Re: open-isns porting question: sudden SIGLOST

On 07/26/2016 04:15 PM, Richard Braun wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 03:16:36PM +0200, Christian Seiler wrote:
>> Peculiarities: the code uses SCM_CREDS and sendmsg/recvmsg over the
>> local UNIX socket to check authorization. (Since there's no man page I
>> could find about it, I assume that SCM_CREDS is implemented in the same
>> way that kFreeBSD does it, at least if I look at the system header
>> files.)
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain we don't support
> SCM_CREDS yet.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Well, hmm, if that is true, what
do I do then? It's not like there's an alternative I can use
to achieve the same thing... (Or is there?)

FYI: the package in unstable now compiled [1], but it won't
actually work properly.

Should I leave it at that? Or ask for removal from Hurd for
now and instead of Arch: any use Arch: linux-any kfreebsd-any?
Or leave it Arch: any but make the build explicitly fail
again? I don't really have a preference.

Regards,
Christian

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=open-isns&arch=hurd-i386&ver=0.96-3&stamp=1469547490