Re: Debian Archive architecture removals

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 12:50 +0200, Justus Winter wrote:
> Quoting Joerg Jaspert (2015-04-20 00:22:08)

> I for one am tired of this discussion popping up each Debian release,
> and I only had to endure it twice now.  Let's ditch Debian in favor of
> a less hostile downstream distribution.  I guess Debian isn't quite
> the universal operating system it set out to be, just merely another
> Linux distribution.

Well, Hurd is welcome to Devuan if sufficiently many developers commit
their time to it. As you might know, Devuan is a systemd-free
distribution, currently based on Debian. But with time, when more and
more Debian packages will be dependant on systemd, in a not so distant
future, they will be considerably different. And kFreeBSD, also being
systemd-free, might consider making the move too. I think getting rid of
Hurd and kFreeBSD would make life easier for Debian to extinguish
themselves, leaving only Lendows(tm) left as distribution by a very few
vendors.

However, in the long term Guix/Hurd will probably be the future.