Re: Debian hurd porter boxes

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Gabriele Giacone <1o5g4r8o@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:03 AM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>> Samuel Thibault, le Fri 29 May 2015 10:15:00 +0530, a écrit :
>>> Gabriele, you said schroot there was missing some changes you proposed
>>> for proper cleanups, but AFAIK, it has version 1.6.10-1+hurd.1 which
>>> includes your proposed changes.
>>
>> There was still an issue with the /home mount, though. I have thus added
>> by hand unmounting /home by hand like you added things to umount /proc
>> by hand, but we really need to have this automatic rather than done by
>> hand, i.e. to fix whatever needs fixing in procfs or other so that the
>> changes you proposed to umount /proc by hand becomes unnecessary.
>
> This is the fix update, it just replaces "umount" with "settrans -apg".
>
>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2014/10/msg00007.html
>
> It fixes /proc umount, bindmounted by schroot sessions. That makes it
> remove schroot session correctly.

Still about workarounding it, I see you upgraded chroot so
dist-upgrade is not problematic anymore, it doesn't upgrade hurd
package, no setup-translators run.
All sessions will be properly removed, till next hurd package upload.
If you don't want to update patch above, another workaround is
scheduling chroot upgrade from time to time or triggered by new hurd
package versions.
Even inhibiting hurd upgrade via apt preferences should work.

--
G..e