Re: Gnumach 1.5

Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez, le Sun 17 May 2015 11:21:55 -0400, a écrit :
> Is there a way of install the 1.5 version of Gnumach from the Debian package
> system?

Actually, apart from the version number, the version currently in Debian
is exactly the same as mach 1.5.  I only avoided bumping the version to
avoid having to wait for the NEW queue before the 2015 release.

> I build it from the source code, apparently with success, but a strange thing happen
> at boot time: I run Hurd on qemu-kvm and i set the virtual machine with 1024 Mb. of RAM. No problem with
> the default gnumach-1.4, but with the gnumach-1.5 i build, the RAM is "restricted" to 831 Mb.

See the 60_bigmem.patch patch in Debian. It is a 32bit-processor issue:
having to choose between available virtual memory addresses and physical
memory addresses.

Samuel