Re: Debian Archive architecture removals

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 14:21 +0200, Zlatan Todoric wrote:

> On 04/20/2015 01:49 PM, Svante Signell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 12:50 +0200, Justus Winter wrote:
> I for one am very
> grateful of all work Samuel and Justus put on Hurd and although I am a
> Linux user I have big sentimental feelings about Hurd. I don't know in
> details what impact does arch removal have on port (does it loose
> Debian infrastructure availability?) but Hurd is not there yet for
> prime usage.

I'm a fan of Samuel and Justus too, no problem. An Justus raised the
issue of removing Hurd from Debian: Quoting:
"Let's ditch Debian in favor of a less hostile downstream distribution."

And Hurd is fully usable in VMs, hosted by whatever OSes. This can be a
niche market, as ArenBab wrote about in #hurd recently.

> > However, in the long term Guix/Hurd will probably be the future.
>
> If that becomes true I can then predict Debian Guix/Hurd.

I'm not so sure about that, time will show. It definitely would be GNU
Guix/Hurd.