Re: black screen at hurd-console startup on jenkins.d.n

To workaround hurd-console black screen issue, on jenkins.debian.net
qemu has been upgraded to wheezy-backports version and installation
started properly.

https://jenkins.debian.net/job/g-i-installation_debian_sid_daily_hurd_lxde/12/

As you can see, many messages I've never seen during my tests, due to
machine slowness I guess:

hd0: irq timeout: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
hd0: bad DMA status: 0x01
hd0: dma_intr: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }

I bisected qemu and found what would need to be backported to make
black screens disappear on stable.
See thread at [0], backporting from 1/8 to 5/8 fixes that.

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-05/msg01534.html

Any comment?

Installation also unexpectedly died during "Select and install
software" phase. I've seen many installations getting stuck at some
point due to thread storms, never seen qemu dying unexpectedly as it
seems it did.

--
G..e